Monday 7 May 2012


TEACHER




                          It was a quiet and peaceful the full moon was shining brightly on the dark sky and the stars were shining like diamonds. The crickets were making such a unique sounds while some of the dried leaves were dancing in the air as the wind blew gently, I was in my room, doing my revision for my exam nest week. You would probably wonder why I am studying really hard right now. Well, it’s all because of my English teacher. I’m studying really hard was not just because I want to achieve my goals, but I also want to repay her debt .I want to be a successful person and find her. I want to see her again. I want to make her proud with my effort. My teacher had opened up my eyes to see my goals and future. She never gave up on me just like my parents did to me. You see, I came from a broken family. My parents always fought when I was young. Neither my mother nor my father, whenever they mad about something, they will release their anger at me. They will always beat me up like a punching bag. They said that I’m just bringing a bad luck in the family.



                       It all started five years ago when I was still in high school. I was going to take my O-level that year. I was really a trouble maker. That year, my mother and father got separate and I was staying with my mother. My mother only focuses in her work. She never had any time to chat with me nor spend sometimes with me. She even ignored me and beat me up sometimes. Since then, I had made up my mind; I will live on my own for now on. So I packed up my bags and left my house. Living with father was really hopeless. He was the same as my mother. I tried to convince my aunts and uncles so that I could live with them, but it was no use. They only insulted me and look down on me. I didn’t have any friend in school.  Who ever want to be friends with a troublemaker like me? In the end, I decided to rent a small house near the school and went for a part-time job as a waitress in a Chinese Restaurant. A month later, my grades went down and I always got into trouble with the teachers and the students. I was thinking of quitting school but I can’t do it. It’s too early to say die. But even so, the pain in my heart didn’t recover at all. My heart had been shattered into million pieces. I always I asked myself, “Why? Why is fate being cruel to me?” No matter how hard I tried, I still can’t find my answer. In the end, I gave up on finding the answer and went along with my boring life.



                             One day, while I was walking to the gate, suddenly, someone pulled my hand. I was dumbfounded and looked at that person curiously. My face became puzzled as a woman with a short beautiful blond hair and had a pair of beautiful blue round eyes held my hand while smiling at me. I could see her white pearly teeth when she smiled. I managed to act natural. ”What do you want?!” I asked rudely as I parried her hand really hard. “Hello there… You must be, Tsukishima Madoka.” She smiled cheerfully. “How did she know my name?” I whispered to myself. “My name is Arisugawa Sakura. Let’s be friend.” I was startled for a while. “Don’t even jock about it…” I said angrily and left her. She tried to catch up with me quickly. “I’m not joking! I really want to be your friend, Madoka.” She tried to convince me. I only ignored her and ran home quickly.



                          That night, I was in the Chinese restaurant, doing my part time job as a waitress. As I was serving one of the costumers, my boss, Mikuru called me. I looked at her curiously. “Go take order at table five” She ordered me. I nodded and obeyed her. As I reached the table, I saw Miss Sakura, looking at me while waving her hand. “I looked at her angrily. “What do you want? I told you that I’m not interested with your friendship.” I scolded her angrily. “Don’t get me wrong… I come here to eat.” She said while smiling. I only sighed heavily. “So what is it that you want to eat?” I asked. “Well let’s see…” She picked up the menu and ordered her food. I took her order and left the table. “Man! She’s really such a handful” I whispered to myself. I was really pissed off with her. I went to the kitchen and gave the order to one of the chef there. “Oh well… she only came here for dinner. Mine as well just act like I don’t know her.” I whispered to myself. I went out from the kitchen and continued my work.

                                                                                                          
                   After I finished my shift, I tidy up my stuff and went home. As I came out from the restaurant, I saw Miss Sakura leaning against the wall while waiting for me. “Ah! Madoka!” She called my name. I walked quickly and left her. “Hey! Wait up!” She called me and tried to catch up with me. “I told you that I’m not interested in your friendship and what so ever.” I scold her coldly. “But I really want to help you!” Miss Sakura convinced me. As we both kept quarrelling, suddenly I saw my mother with her new boyfriend. I was startled when I saw them. My mother looked at me while smirking. “Well… well… If it isn’t the little brat who ran away from home.” I only hung my head low. My legs were nailed down on the ground. “Who’s this, honey?” The man asked my mother. “She was my daughter…” I was dumbfounded when I heard what she just said. “Was?” I whispered to myself gloomily. My vision started to become blur as my eyes started to become watery. “But now… I don’t know who she is. May be she’s a hooker who’s trying to find some customers?” My mother said sadistically. “Well… you won’t mind if I spend a night with her, don’t you?” The man asked while grinning. “Sure… after all… she’s not my daughter.” I was petrified for a moment. I didn’t know what to do any more. I couldn’t even open my mouth to defend myself. I felt like my voice had sunk deep in my throat. As the man approached me, suddenly, Miss Sakura pulled me and stood in front me. I was dumbfounded. “Sorry… but I can’t let you do that to my daughter…” Miss Sakura scolded the man. “Your daughter? Bah! You called that girl your daughter? She just a burden. She will only bring bad luck in your life. I got divorce because of her! That girl should just die!” My mother snarled angrily. I felt like my heart was stabbed with a sharp knife. The pain and agony in my heart was too much. “Let’s left this too idiots alone, hubby. They gave headache just by looking at them.” My mother persuaded her boyfriend. They both left me and Miss Sakura. Finally, I could pull myself together. “Why…?” Tears started to ran down my cheeks. Miss Sakura looked at me gloomily. “Why is fate being cruel to me? Why me?” I asked angrily. I couldn’t control my emotions anymore. Miss Sakura approached me and wiped my tears with the back of her hand. I looked at her with my watery eyes. “Fate had bigger plans that for you in the future, my dear.” She explained to me with a soft and soothing voice. I was speechless for a moment. She hugged me and patted me gently. I was stunt for a moment. “You already bear with it quite a long time, Madoka. Just pour it all out. I’m here for you. Just cry…” Miss Sakura whispered to my ear. For some strange reason, I started to cry like a little girl again. I felt like I had found the “happiness” that I had been searching for. I had found the love that I had been longing for throughout the year. “Ah… so that’s what it’s feels like to have a mother.” I whispered to myself. Miss Sakura was respectfully quiet when I cried in her arms. I felt like all the burden had lifted off from my shoulders. I could feel a wave of relief in my heart.


                         Since then, Miss Sakura helped me a lot in my study. She never gave up on me even though she knew that I’m not going to listened to her. On one sunny afternoon, I was walking home with her. “Man! This heat is really killing me!” She complained angrily. “Teacher…” I called her. She stopped and looked at me curiously. “Why me?” I asked her. “What do you mean, Madoka?” She asked confusedly. “Why do you want to help me so much? You knew that I won’t listen to you or do anything that you asked me to… Why me?” I asked curiously. She looked at me while smiling gloomily. “You remind me of my late sister …” said Miss Sakura. I was dumbfounded and looked at her gloomily. “Your late sister?” I asked. Miss Sakura nodded her head. “Your face, your attitude… are almost the same as my sister. She was the only family I had after my parents died.” She explained. “What happened to your sister?” I asked. Miss Sakura hung her head low. “She died two years ago in a car accident…” She explained. I was startled when I heard that. “You know, if she still alive, she would probably the same age as you and you two would probably be a very good friends.” She confessed to me. “I’m sorry…” I apologized to her when I saw her whipping her watery eyes. She looked at me and put her arm around my neck while smiling. “That’s okay!” She convinced me. “Let’s get something to eat! It’s my treat” said Miss Sakura while winking and smiled cheerfully at me. I nodded my head and smiled. We went to a nearby restaurant and had our lunch together.


                           After my O-level, Miss Sakura decided to further her study in New Zealand. “Take care of yourself, Madoka.” She held my hands while smiling. I only looked away with my watery eyes. “Oh, come on… Don’t be like that…” Miss Sakura persuaded me. I looked at her gloomily. “Do you have to go?” I asked gloomily. She smiled and released my hands. “Let’s make a promise.” I look at her with puzzlement. “You must study hard and become a successful person one day. That way, when I meet you again, I’ll be proud of you and all your ‘debt’ will be repay. As a returned, I’ll come home every six month. How’s that?” She asked me. I nodded and smiled cheerfully. We made a pinkie swear and said our farewells. “You will come back, right?!” I shouted at her. She stopped and looked at me while smiling. “Don’t be silly! Of course I will!” She shouted back and left me. I only smiled as I watched her left me behind.


                        I combed away my memories with Miss Sakura as I heard my phone rang. I picked it up and I was shocked when I heard her voice. “Hey, little brat! Shouldn’t you pick me at the airport by now?” Miss Sakura. “Teacher?! When did you came back?!” I asked her with a shocked. “Didn’t you read your e-mail? I told you that I’ll come back home today.” She scolded me. “I’m sorry… I’ll pick you up right now.” I convinced her. I hung up the phone and went to the airport quickly. I really miss her very much. I can’t wait to see her again… my teacher…

No comments:

Post a Comment